Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

First Vacation with Julia







We headed off to Charleston, SC during the week of July 4th for a week vacation.  It was Julia's first time to the beach ( in the evening).  The temperature was perfect and the weather was beautiful.  It was nice to get away considering next week we have appointments every week until her surgery and the boys start back to school on July 28th.  Her surgery is fast approaching and I am starting to get nervous.  I know it is the best thing for her, but I also know that it is going to be a tough couple of weeks post surgery.  We have an appointment with ENT in two weeks to see if she is going to need tubes during her lip repair.  This is pretty normal for a child with a cleft lip/cleft palate.  I will keep everyone updated.  

3 comments:

Luke and Jude said...

Diane, your little julia grace is beautiful. I look foward to following her journey on the blogspot.--Blaine

PS: Here is our addresss lukebrower.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Aunt Diane and cousin Julia!!

Cindy and my friend Clari just watched the video that you sent of Julia. She is gorgeous. So we checked out her blog page and now Clari understands about her surgery and we are excited for her and for you and can't wait to see more pictures as she gets bigger and bigger. Love, Drew, Clari and Aunt Cindy

Good Remedy said...

Diane,

My name is Peggy, we are in NC too. Our daughter Holly has a cleft also. I think I found your site from Cleft Advocate? Anyway, do you mind if I ask what church the bottom picture was taken in? The children look great, but I noticed the windows are beautiful in the background? My blog is www.goodrememdy.blogspot.com, if you'd like to see some before and after pics of Holly.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker