Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Julia Grace Usher



As most of you know Julia was born with a Cleft lip.  We were all surprised at her birth, including my doctor, Dr. Brannon.  Like Dr. B said when she was born... "She is perfect".  And yes she is.. just the way she is!  She is scheduled to have surgery this summer and hopefully they will be able to take care of it in one surgery.  She has had some struggles with eating and it has been a challenge, but she is so worth it!!
I heard from UNC today and hopefully we will hear when her surgery will be by the end of the week.  They said it could be as early as next month.  How exciting is that!!  I am really getting used to her "gummy" smile!  Connor even said the other night that he can't see her any other way.  I met a wonderful person today at my 6 week follow up with Dr. Brannon, who has a child that was born with a cleft lip/cleft palate.  It made me feel like I was not alone.  I am very lucky to have the support of our family and friends.  I will keep everyone updated on a surgery date when I find out more.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love the pictures! I'm so glad you had this idea, now we can keep up with what's going on with all of you!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker